This week I am sharing with you seven great steps to follow to create your new business development process.
7 Step Process to Contacting Your Target Companies
1. Mail 25 letters or fewer at a time. This approach will make your follow-up more manageable. Try phoning first, then emailing, next phone, then mail, and finally follow up again with phoning.
2. Remember that you are only going to be leaving your voice mail with who you think at this point is the decision maker, relative to committing to your product/service, then email them to tell them you will be following up with them in 3 days. Finally sending a note to the decision maker regarding what your product or service will do for them. (What Is In It For Me) Try avoiding sending a “sales “brochure that they can use to screen you out. Less is better here.
If you're dealing with a small company, you can focus your efforts reaching out to the president. You can never go wrong with this approach. You will get end up getting referred to the correct person by the president, which is not a bad position to be in.
3. Consider starting your letter with either your product/service benefit statement or a testimonial from a happy customer/client.
4. Use bullet format to brieﬂy list your top three values. You want your introductory letter to be only one page in length. This brevity will increase the likelihood that someone will actually take the time to read it.
Remember that you have to communicate to your reader in some way how you are going to solve a problem for them that is not currently being resolved, save them money, make them money and/or what value your product or service brings to the organization.
Show them how you can save them money, make them money, or solve a problem that is not currently being resolved.
Next week I will share the final 3 steps to contacting and reaching your perspective new business contacts.
If you would need professional help in the area of determining whether or not your team can be more productive in finding new business, click the link to the right for your 30 minute complementary business strategy session. Are they helping your organizational goals, or slowing the progress down? Call us at 847-304-4500 (CST) to discuss your options on understanding your team more fully in terms of their ability to support and achieve the business success you are looking for this year.
Have a great week and productive week, managing the changes and challenges that are currently going on in your company.
I wish you a wonderfully successful and productive week ahead.
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Hidden Sales and Revenue Expert.
Trainer, Author and Speaker
TURBOCHARGED Sales Action Plan:
1. Sign up above for your 30 minute complementary business strategy session in the RED BUTTON in Box to the right.
I look forward to hearing about your business!
Copyright All rights reserved.