This week I am going to share with you the roadmap on how to write you New Business Marketing Broadcast Letter.
Writing New Business Marketing Your Broadcast Letter
The new business marketing broadcast letter should be one page and should get straight to the point:
- Address the letter directly to the president of the company. Take the time to call to confirm that the same president is still there and that you have the correct spelling, title, and mailing address.
- In the first paragraph, keep in mind that you are applying for the possibility of a job opening. As such, you want to address a problem that you can solve.
- In the second paragraph, list some of your company’s product/service accomplishments in bullet format. Make sure they are generic rather than industry specific.
- In the third paragraph, introduce your company’s professional background or any additional product/service benefits that would be beneficial or relevant to the organization.
- In the closing paragraph, tell the reader that you look forward to an opportunity to meet at their convenience. Then discuss any possibilities for such a meeting.
- Thank the reader, expressing appreciation of their time and consideration.
- If you think you can keep the commitment, you can also say that you will call the reader to follow up and answer any questions they might have. You can list the general timeframe, but you must be able to follow up and do what you say you will do.
I won't lie to you. The odds of the new business marketing broadcast letter landing you new business are on the low side. For every 100 letters you send out, you should expect maybe five new business face to face appointments.
Now you could say those odds aren't worth pursuing, but the method is like life. If you do not buy a lottery ticket, for instance, you will never even have a chance to win. You need to buy a ticket to have any opportunity to walk away with the jackpot!
My advice is to forget about the odds. Create your list, mail out your letters, and go for landing a new business appointment!
This is a very competitive market. You never know where your next new business will come from. You really have to give all available options a try to increase the odds of something fruitful shaking from the bushes.
I've personally had success with this method and know many other people who have as well. As I have mentioned before, most new business development executives have their challenges. In the case of this particular business climate, there are more challenges than usual. That being the case, you have to try more options to get those bushes shaking.
This is not a business climate where you send five emails and land a live appointment with the decision maker. Neither is this a market where you send five networking contacts your marketing letter and secure a piece of business.
In this extremely competitive market, the challenge lies in going where most people are not going. Be persistent, implement great follow-up, and differentiate yourself from the rest of the pack any way you can, and you will succeed. This technique does that for you!
As a final note on the subject of adversity, consider this quote:
I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by
The position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles
Which he has overcome while trying to succeed.
—Booker T. Washington
If you would need professional help in the area meeting your sales or your team goals, call us at 847-304-4500 to discuss your options on understanding your team more fully in terms of their ability to achieve the sales success you are looking for this year.
Have a great week and productive week, managing the changes and challenges that are currently going on in your company.
I wish you a wonderfully successful and productive week ahead.
Eleanor Anne Sweet
President/Chief Results Officier
Your Business Success Consultant
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Division of The Remington Group, LLC
Turbocharged Sales Success Action Plan:
1. Sign up to receive your monthly Turbocharged Sales Tips Newsletters. Your email information will not be shared with anyone. GO TO: www.TurbochargedSales.com
2. CLICK the RED bottom to the right to schedule your 30 minute complimentary Turbocharged Sales Success session for your business.
Copyright All rights reserved.