Here are some great directories to help you with you on-going new business campaign.
Directories You Should Be Using:
Another important piece in the internet research resource puzzle is directories. The nice thing about directories is that the information contained in them is sorted by humans and not "spiders." As a result, they will give you a fair amount of good, broad information. Again, however, you will need to do some comparison shopping. Check a couple of them out and decide which ones work best for your particular job search needs. My three favorite directories are:
1. www.dmoz.org (This is supposed to be one of the largest.)
2. www.lii.org (librarians’ internet index—used to be www.ipl2.org)
3. www.infomine.ucr.edu/ (University of California Riverside)
Where to Go for More In-Depth Information
The following websites will help you gather more information about those top 25-50 companies you're targeting on your "hot" wish list (i.e., the companies you would really like to work for):
1. www.CareerOneStop.com (U.S. Government website)
3. www.Weddles.com/associations/index.htm (associations)
4. www.Ipl.org (On home page in search box enter "industry associations" to get to list of industry associations.)
5. www.bls.gov/oco/cg/home.htm (provides available careers by industry, etc.)
6. www.hoovers.com (provides the competitors for each company you check out)
8. www.asaenet.org (American Society of Association Executives—shows more than 300 industries)
I know all of this may seem overwhelming. How to you get an elephant, “one bite at a time”. Follow the next section and I guarantee you WILL succeed.
TURBOCHARGED Sales Plan:
1. Familiarize yourself with all of the web sites I have shared with you in this blog post.
2. Start with the one you “like” the most or feel the most comfortable.
3. Go for an initial goal of gathering in-depth information from 25 companies, with “complete” key contact information.
4. Start reaching out to these contacts via phone, email and traditional mail.
5. Track and document the result from the above steps. This will help you make future course corrections to pivot and focus your time and energy, where you are getting better results.
6. Stay with it. Landing new business does not happen overnight. It is a journey.
If you would need professional help in the area of determining whether or not you have optimistic support members on your team, please call us at 847-304-4500 to discuss your options on understanding your team more fully in terms of their ability to support and achieve the increase in company sales you are looking for this year.
Have a great week and productive week, managing the changes and challenges that are currently going on in your company.
I wish you a wonderfully successful and productive week ahead.
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Hidden Sales and Revenue Expert tm
Contact me at: