In this week’s TURBOCHARGED Sales Blog, I will share a very simple straight forward method that will add power and positive impact to your day and week.
Weekly Success Plan
Ideas for your list:
1. Clean desk and loose papers.
2. Complete all filing and move everything forward in the 43 manila folders if you are using this method.
3. Download or transfer any ideas from the week that you have not already entered into your job search idea book. This is a spiral book, measuring approximately 5 x 7.5 inches, where any ideas worth looking into that come to mind relative to your job search are captured during the week. You want to confirm that these ideas are being acted on and researched further.
4. Evaluate your big action plans. Decide which are complete and which are incomplete.
5. Make sure you have moved forward, updated your calendar, and marked all action items from calls made during the week.
6. Review your "Waiting For" list.
7. Review your list of New Contacts/Companies ideas.
8. Make a list of anything that happened this past week that you could have done better.
9. Give yourself some type of small treat and acknowledge what you did accomplish this past week. Scoring an actual interview deserves an extra-special something.
10. Remember to cut yourself some slack.
A new business process can be a grueling, tedious process but do not give up. Looking for a new business is an extremely unstructured process. Everyone kind of makes it up as they go along. As I have mentioned, your new business development is an ongoing work in progress, one that you must fine-tune on a daily basis.
Progress will happen much faster if you create some disciplined systems to help you keep on track. You need to stay with the task and track any information associated with it. You do not want to let any of the clues get away. The ability to accurately prioritize and follow through is another key issue. That is why I'm suggesting the systems and tools I have discussed in these TURBOCHARGED Sales Blog posts.
One name with a phone number on a scrap of paper could be the lead you are looking for. Don't let that opportunity slip away. You need to create a good, solid system to keep track of all the information you are uncovering. Then you have to remember to follow up and follow through. That is the key.
Persistence and follow-through will pay off in the end. Do not give up.
Before closing this series of TURBOCHARGED Sales Blog post, I would like to leave you with a quote:
The secret to success is to do the
common things uncommonly well.
—John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
That assertion holds true when YOU efficiently and effectively manage your time as much as possible as opposed to allowing every moment of your day to be a reaction to an action.
A plan to achieve your daily goals will get you closer to the big aim of landing that next great piece of new business!
TURBOCHARGED Sales Weekly Action Plan
1. Start by printing 10 copies of "TURBOCHARGED Sales Call List™" to work with on your desk. Keep these in the front inside pocket of your binder or in a folder labeled "TCS New Business Call List."
2. On a daily basis, date the list(s) you are working on that day.
3. At the end of the day, put the old sheet back into your TCS New Business Calls Lists” in one of the extra tab areas. Mark that tab "NB Call Lists."
4. If you would need professional help in the area of determining whether or not you have optimistic support members on your team, please call us at 847-304-4500 to discuss your options on understanding your team more fully in terms of their ability to support and achieve the corporate success you are looking for this year.
Have a great week and productive week, managing the changes and challenges that are currently going on in your company.
I wish you a wonderfully successful and productive week ahead.
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Hidden Sales and Revenue tm
Eleanor Anne Sweet
TURBOCHARGED Sales Consultant, Trainer, Speaker and Author
TURBOCHARGED Sales Action Plan:
1. Sign up to the Opt in Box to the right to receive your monthly Corporate Success Tips Newsletters. Your email information will not be shared with anyone.
2. Call me at 847-304-4500 (CST) to schedule your 30 minute complimentary TURBOCHARGED Sales session for your business.
Copyright All rights reserved.