Here is another great TURBOCHARGED blog post on New Business Development Action Plan and Tools:
In addition, don't forget to use www.Goggle.com. In particular, take advantage of their "Advance Search" tool.
Company Internet Research
During the process of your new business search, you will need to gather more information on companies that:
- You are interested in working with
- You have submitted proposals for
- You are going to present your product/service to
- Are competitors of the firms you are presenting to so you can better understand the their product category and industry
I suggest the following websites to help you with your research:
- www.kompass.com (2.4 million companies worldwide listed)
- www.vault.com (job website with company info)
The True Art of Uncovering People Using the Internet
Finding People You Know
In the course of your employment search, you will want to find people you have known over the years to network with. Over time, you may have lost touch with some of these individuals. In that case, it may require a bit of digging to locate them.
And yet, the effort is well worth it. That's because networking is one of the most effective ways to land your next new piece of business.
The following websites should prove helpful in assisting you in finding your lost contacts:
- www.yellow.com (particularly versatile in terms of the different ways you can approach your search)
Finding People You Do Not Yet Know
If you're trying to find the name of an individual in a particular company whom you do not yet know, here are some suggestions on how to locate them:
- Visit chat rooms.
- Scout out forums and message boards.
- Join newsgroups.
- Hang out at networking websites, especially Social Media ones.
- Leverage mailing lists.
If you would need professional help in the area of determining whether or not you have a strong way to increase your compnay sales with existing and new customers, please call us at 847-304-4500 to discuss your options on understanding your team more fully in terms of their ability to support and achieve the business sales increases you are looking for this year.
Have a great week and productive week, managing the changes and challenges that are currently going on in your company.
I wish you a wonderfully successful and productive week ahead.
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Hidden Sales and Revenue Expert tm
Division of The Remington Group, LLC
Phone 847-304-4500 (CST)