Part 4: How to Find New Business
6 Tools to help you find New Business
3. Trade Journals—There are specialized trade journals for most industries. Information Week, HomeWorldBusiness, HFN, Hardware Retailing Magazine, Home Channel News, and Real Estate Professional are several examples. If they do not have the trade journal you are interested in at the library, search for it online.
In addition, look up industry trade journals, for example, www.specialissues.com/lol/.
- 4. Local business journals and publications—One of the main national ones to check out is bizjournals.com
- 5. Major newspapers are another sources that most people forget about in today's world. Don't forget that news- papers and magazines often have special issues that can provide a wealth of information. Within their pages, you can "mine" out great information. Examples would be "Top 100 Retailers," "Fastest Growing Companies in Houston," etc.
- Market Resource Firms through your library will be another best bet.
- "Phone books"—Yellow Pages
www.Superpages.com (merged with Big Book)
- Internet Libraries
Internet Public Library—www.ipl.org
The Digital Librarian—www.digital-librarian.com/
Find 2-3 of these tools that you think work the best for you for starters relative to the type of background information you are looking for on your new potential customers.
If you would need professional help in the area of determining whether or not your team is working together as best as they could. Are they helping your organizational goals, or slowing the progress down? Please call us at 847-304-4500 (CST) to discuss your options on understanding your team more fully in terms of their ability to support and achieve the corporate success you are looking for this year.
Have a great week and productive week, managing the changes and challenges that are currently going on in your company.
I wish you a wonderfully successful and productive week ahead.
CLICK NOW to book your 30 minute complimentary TURBOCHARGED Business Strategy session today!
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Hidden Sales and Revenue Expert tm