Secrets to a Powerful Professional and Product/Services Message
The professional and product/service message is a marketing tool that is very effective for both networking and informational meetings.
Some of you who have participated in my weekly seminars will remember my feelings about sex and your message. The same principle applies here. For those of you who were not with me on that seminar, I suspect I caught your attention and you've now lifted your head out of your coffee mug.
The point here is that the odds are you didn't have sex with your husband or wife on your first date. The same is true with your professional message. Less is better in the beginning. The more you share out of the gate, the faster the decision maker will screen you out, particularly in this economy. That's because they are overwhelmed with product presentations from people who are looking to “sell to” then and or do business with them. To combat this tendency, you want to share just enough information in your product benefits to get them wanting more information from you. You goal is to pique their interest enough that they set up a face to face meeting with you.
In addition, I suggest you take that same philosophy and apply it to situations where you're marketing yourself at a networking event or during an informational meeting. In such scenarios, you would present your professional product message in lieu of your product brochure. You're trying to focus your contact's attention on you and what your product/service brings of value to the table. After you have whetted their appetite or hooked them the value of your product/service, you can then offer them your more complete information on the benefits of working with your organization.
When printing out your professional product message, it should be printed on the same paper stock you're using for your product literature.
In creating your professional message, at the top of the page put your Company name, address, phone number, and email. Then follow that information up with:
- Message—an overall short summary of your company background. Finish this section with a one-sentence product/service benefits.
- Highlights—provide three to four product/service value statements (highlights).
- Key points of product/service differentiation and company professional history in marketplace and or product category—three to four capabilities you think are important for the type product application your client is considering.
- Achievements—highlight three to four past (quantifiable) success stories or client testimonials (achievements).
HINT: The National Association of Colleges and Employers has surveyed employers for the last 10 years. In 2010, the 10 skills employers most wanted in an employee were:
In order to succeed as a successful new business development executive you need to be strong in the following areas:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamwork skills
- Strong work ethic
- Motivation and initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Computer skills
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
These qualities are all transferable soft skills executives use in every position, industry, and job. The good news is that if you're weak in some of these areas, you can practice and improve these sought-after executive skills on your own. You don't have to be unhappy in your current position to better yourself. You can increase these skills at home, with hobbies, in sports, and through everyday life experiences.
If you would need professional help in the area of determining whether or not your team is working together as best as they could. Are they helping your organizational goals, or slowing the progress down? Please call us at 847-577-2000, or 1-800-227-5802 to discuss your options on understanding your team more fully in terms of their ability to support and achieve the corporate success you are looking for this year.
Have a great week and productive week, managing the changes and challenges that are currently going on in your company.
I wish you a wonderfully successful and productive week ahead.
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Turbocharged Business Success Expert, Speaker, Trainer, Author
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Chief Results Officer
Turbocharged Sales Success Action Plan:
1. Sign up to the Opt in Box to the right to receive your monthly Turbocharged Sales Business Success Tips Newsletters. Your email information will not be shared with anyone.
2. Call me at 847-304-4500(CST) to schedule your 30 minute complimentary Turbocharged Business Strategy Success session for your business.
Copyright All rights reserved.
cursus nisl himenaeos dolor?